A message from the principal…
The physical education department recently wrapped up a basketball unit, which looked at several techniques incorporated in a variety of activities. These activities focused on the fundamental techniques of shooting, dribbling, and passing at the individual level and through team play. The students were given shooting technique instruction and evaluated while performing basketball golf, which focused on form and accuracy. The instruction on the dribbling technique focused on spatial awareness and maintaining ball control in an activity called tails. The passing technique consisted of the basic bounce, chest, and overhead passes to stationary and moving targets using a weave activity. The primary goal of these activities leads to the development of basketball game play and giving student the opportunity to enjoy this recreational and competitive sport.
This upcoming season the Chicks return 12 players who played last year as 7th graders. Individuals who played on the A Team last year that went 7-7 include Kylie Campbell, Braylee Davis, Jacey Faust, Paige Hicks and Jordan Hoerl. Returners who played on last years B Team that was 5-5 include Haley Comegys, Hanah Hocker, Sydney Lamborn, Tanner Reffitt, Brylee Wells, and Rachel Wilhoit. With all the experience coming back, the Chicks have higher expectations and hope to continue to show improvement as the team finished last season with a record of 5-2 after Christmas.
The Chicks first game is on Monday, November 23rd at Harrisonville at 5pm. The A Team will then resume play after Thanksgiving break playing in the Grain Valley Tournament November 30th, December 2nd and 4th. All tournament games are at Grain Valley North Middle School and start at 7pm. The first home game is an A/B doubleheader on December 7th versus Odessa.
The Pleasant Hill Middle School Rooster basketball began November 2nd. We had a lot of boys tryout with a lot of talent. The 7th and 8th grade teams have been selected, and we are just a few practices away from our first game. Our first contest of the year is at home against the Harrisonville Wildcats on November 23th. Coach Hutzell will coach the 8th graders this season. We have a talented core group of 8th grades (many played last year as 7th graders) along with a few new players to fill the roster. Coach Kober who is now student teaching at the high school will again coach the 7th grade team. The 7th graders had tough competition at tryouts and are progressing nicely into the program. The coaches are excited to work with the boys and look forward to them also learning a few life lessons along the way while growing as athletes.
Nov. 23: Home Boys BB
The finalists were judged by a Science City/Burns & McDonnell panel of experts in science, engineering and academia. The panel evaluates and ranks the entries according to the criteria, and based on the ranking selects the Top 20, 10 entries from each division. The judges’ ranking of the top 20 accounts for 70 percent of the final rankings. The remaining 30 percent of the final rankings are determined by a public vote from November 7-14.
Bulletin Board Flyers
Sign-up is easy...and it's free! Just go through the simple 2-step sign-up process and select the school(s) you wish to receive information from.
Note: ROOSTER ALERTS! is a service sponsored by THE PLEASANT HILL BANK. Please check your cell phone plan for any text message fees your wireless provider may charge. Message & Data Rates May Apply. This is a SPAM-free application. You will only receive messages that you choose. You may Unsubscribe or Change Message Preferences anytime.
The Pleasant Hill R-III School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Assistant Superintendent, 318 Cedar Street, Pleasant Hill, MO 64080, 816-540-3161. For further information on notice of non-discrimination, visit http:wdcrobcolp01.ed.gov/CFAPPS/OCR/contactus.cfm for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481.
Proudly hosted by Lunarpages Web Hosting