June 5 Communication - Superintendent News
- June 5 Communication - Superintendent News
- 6/5/2020 – 6/19/2020
High School Graduation andAwards Ceremony - This information was sent out to seniors/senior parents thisweek from Dr. Canaan:
*Times,dates, and plans may be subject to change based on recommended county/stateguidelines.
June10, 2020 Senior Awards Assembly @ Eklund Field (Pleasant Hill, Missouri @ 6:30PM)
· Graduatesshould arrive by 6:15 PM and be seated in a chair of their choice on thefootball field.
· Werequest that the students dress appropriately for such an event that recognizesthem for their achievement.
o Picturesof recipients will be taken following each award.
· Inthe event of inclement weather, this event will be canceled.
· Graduation@ Eklund Field (Pleasant Hill, Missouri @ 7:00 PM)
o SeniorsNeed to Arrive @ PHHS at 5:30 PM
o Pleasepark and enter through the main entrance at PHHS. This will allow guests topark close to the field.
· Gatesto Eklund Field will open at 6:00 PM
· Foradditional information, see the Graduation FAQ document that was distributed onTuesday.
· Inthe event of inclement weather, graduation will be rescheduled for Friday, June12, 2020
Itis very exciting to be able to be one of the first schools to graduate inperson for our Class of 2020. They are extremely deserving of this event and soglad we can provide this for graduates.
Rooster Dads - Here is a way for malefigures in our community to volunteer for our K-6 buildings and help contributeto a positive culture in those buildings. If you are interested please go to http://www.RoosterDads.comto learn more and sign up for the program. This program will require a backgroundcheck for participants and that will be coordinated in the sign up process. TheDistrict would like to thank Chris Kennedy for taking the lead in getting thissite set up and willing to provide some leadership for this new program. I amlooking forward to this new opportunity for our parents and students.
Transition Day - Please mark your calendarfor August 20th as a day we will be trying something new with our 3rd, 5th, 7thand 9th graders. We will be providing a transition day in our buildings for thesestudents entering new sites. This will be a 90 minute time commitment in themorning for these students and bus transportation will be provided if needed.More information to come.
Iwould like to extend this weeks thank you to the United Methodist Church ofPleasant Hill for their willingness and effort for hosting this year's Promevent tonight. Our Juniors and Seniors will be able to have the Last Dance ofthe year and help fill some of the voids this year has created. Thanks to theChurch and all their volunteers for making this happen.
Go Chicks! Go Roosters! GoPleasant Hill!