Parent/teacher conferences at the Primary School are scheduled individually by teachers and parents. Parents are given opportunities to schedule dates and times at Open House held in August before school starts. Any parents that do not indicate a time preference are contacted directly by the classroom teachers for a scheduled time. Teachers will accommodate parental schedules as much as possible any time from Oct. 21 through Oct. 24, but are primarily scheduling conferences on Monday, Oct. 21 (4-8 p.m.), Tuesday, Oct. 22 (4-8 p.m.), and Thursday, Oct. 24, from 12:45-4 p.m.
The Elementary School will hold conferences on October 21 from 4-8 pm, October 23 from 4-8 pm, and October 24 from 12:45-4:00 pm.
- Teachers have already started to schedule their parent-teacher conferences. If you have not been contacted by your child’s teacher, please email your classroom teacher or call the school at 540-2220.
- Parents will be sent a reminder of their conference time in the first weeks of October. If you have a conflict, changes can be made at that time.
- If you are unable to attend at your scheduled time, please call and make arrangements for a new time. Our goal is to have 100% conference attendance.
The Intermediate School will hold conferences Monday, October 21 and Tuesday, October 22 from 4:20 – 8pm and Thursday, October 24 from 12:40-4:00pm. In addition to the 21st, 22nd, and 24th each team has additional conference dates and times available; please contact your child's teacher for availability.
- Parent-Teacher Conferences will be conducted by the core team of teachers that work with your child.
- All parents are asked to call 540-3156 or email their child’s teacher to set up a conference if one has not been previously arranged.
- Reminder notices will be provided to parents that signed up previously.
- Any parent unable to attend the scheduled time should call and make arrangements for a new time.
- If you would like a translator present during your Parent/Teacher conference, please contact Frankie Lees at 816-540-2220 ext 2039 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than Friday, October 11.
- Si desea un traductor presente durante su conferencia de padres / maestros, comuníquese con Frankie Lees al 816-540-2220 ext 2039 o por correo electrónico a flees@pleasanthillschools .com, a más tardar el viernes 11 de octubre.
Parents can sign up for either type of conference or both if they prefer.
STUDENT-LED PARENT-TEACHER CONFERENCES:
Monday, October 21, 4:00-7:45pm
This format allows students to play an important role in acknowledging their educational responsibilities under the guidance of their Rise teachers. Each student has a portfolio which he/she is responsible for filling with the following required elements: pieces of choice work from each class, teacher behavior information sheets, assessment information, grade card, and student-prepared action plan. Parents will schedule a fifteen-minute time slot with the student's Rise teacher through Sign-up Genius. The link will be made available soon.
TRADITIONAL-STYLE PARENT-TEACHER CONFERENCES:
Wednesday, October 23, 4:00-7:45pm
This format is a traditional conference where an individual teacher meets with one family at a time. Although not student-led, we would like to encourage parents to bring his/her student too! Parents will schedule a fifteen-minute time slot with the student's teacher through Sign-up Genius. The link will be made available soon.
Thursday, October 24, 12:30-2:45pm
Parents can sign up this day through Sign-up Genius for either type of conference in fifteen-minute intervals. The link will be made available soon.
Pleasant Hill High School will host Parent / Teacher Conferences on Tuesday, October 22 from 5-8pm, Wednesday October 23 from 5-8pm and Thursday October 24 from 12:30-3pm. Parents will receive an email with a sign up form. The form will allow parents to click on a teachers name to schedule a specific time to meet. Ten minute time slots have been made available for conferences. If you have any questions, or concerns please contact your child’s teacher by dialing 816-540-3111.